[RE-wrenches] Adding battery backup to Enphase

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Oct 26 06:51:31 PDT 2015

Hello Dan,

We are preparing to install a similar system.
Enphase now allows AC coupling. We have specified
the Radian. The batteries will be Concorde AGM,
either 305 or 405 AH. Concorde AGMs are useful
because they can take a very fast charge rate.
With over 6 kW available to charge batteries, the
charge rate would exceed C/5 for an L-16 battery,
which the Concorde L-16 (405 AH) can easily
handle with one string. The Concorde 305 AH can
handle it also. The Radian 8048 can AC couple 6kW.

The Radian GSLC175-AC-120/240 load center is set up for AC coupling.

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC
OH License 44810