[RE-wrenches] PG&E meter update

jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:33:56 PDT 2015

I wanted to follow up on the PG&E meter situation.

This meter actually shows production/consumption in a small window on the lower left side.  Which kind of makes me think that it is possible for it to limit its recording of sell back.
And then it occurred to me that if its not recording then its probably also adding.  IE if the actual production is 12kw, and the max is 8kw, then the 4kw is being added to the bill instead of subtracted.

And of course the tilt of these modules means I can’t get full output even at mid day, I checked the other day, perfect conditions and only around 7.5kw, which is about what I would expect.
So unless I pop in a radian to crank out 5kw, then I’m gonna have to wait until next spring to check this out.

more as i know it,

jay

peltz power