[RE-wrenches] Rooftop DC disconnects

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Thu Sep 24 05:31:35 PDT 2015

"​In this scenario, there is no safe way to replace either of the two
Morningstar controllers."

The BEST rooftop disconnect remains... a big thick tarp. Not totally
practical in an emergency situation, but it is pretty fail safe.

Unfortunately for emergency responders, that does not take care of the AC
circuits in a microinverter or AC module system, but ideally the building
main is shut down anyway, and the risk is the same as any other 240V
equipment/appliance circuits.

​Jason Szumlanski