[RE-wrenches] California fire/PVclearnces

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Fri Sep 11 21:54:51 PDT 2015

CA Wrenches,

        My installs are mostly in unincorporated towns and properties outside of small towns in the Sierras.  I understand the requirements for walk space around PV arrays here in CA on residential dwellings.  Do these requirements pertain to "outbuildings"  such as shops, garages, storage sheds and the like?

        I would like to be able to run the edge of the array a bit closer than 3' to the roof's edge due to limited space.

Thanks,

Bill Feather River Solar Electric