[RE-wrenches] NON Digital Hydrometer

Shasta Daiku mjmorningstar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:58:27 PDT 2015

Hmm….Are they really safer?

1) Put rubber gloves on and remove battery caps. The chance of getting electrolyte on the gloves
    pretty high, especially after checking a couple dozen cells.
2) Extract electrolyte with pipet. Dribbles here and there
3) Place drop on Refractometer. More Dribbles possible.
4) Hold refractometer like a spyglass up to an eye for viewing, hopefully wearing eye protection
5) Wipe and repeat. Again possible many times.

I just can’t get over the idea of willingly placing things that may have acid on them near my face.

I recently consulted on a DIY/Wholesale Solar project and discovered that they ship a complimentary Refractometer with their battery banks. I was shocked and considered asking the group here for opinions.

Michael