[RE-wrenches] to flash or not to flash

Kurt Johnsen kjenergysystems at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:11:50 PDT 2015

Not that the names of things matter that much but imho "flashing" does
require an overlapping of some kind. An Oatey boot for a metal roof is more
of a bedded fitting than a flashing. It relies entirely on fasteners and a
sealing membrane whereas flashings rely mostly on natural forces like
gravity. Perhaps an experienced roofer weigh in on this.

Kurt Johnsen