[RE-wrenches] Using the North Facing Roof

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Wed Jul 29 07:56:53 PDT 2015

I want to give back to this forum that has been so valuable to me, so here
it is... a tool for you to quickly compile data for multiple compass
orientations for a given pitch...

http://floridasolardesigngroup.com/pva/do-pvwatts-wrenches.php

This PVWATTS derived tool will give you 36 data points for solar energy
production with every azimuth from 0º to 350º at 10º increments for a given
location and pitch. You can enter your desired system size to model its
output and include your desired PVWATTS derate (system loss) factor. It
will download a .CSV file each time you run the tool. You can run it for a
variety of tilt angles based on your needs to compile data for your own
study.

There are limits on use, but if everyone does not run out and use it at the
same time it should be fine.

Once you get your data into a spreadsheet you can easily slice and dice it
any way you want and make some great visualizations.

[image: Inline image 1]

Enjoy!

Jason Szumlanski