[RE-wrenches] SMA 1800u not generating power

jerrysgarage01 jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:57:50 PDT 2015

SMA used to to do repairs but last I heard they no longer have replacement parts. I have used the new SMA TL-22 because of the low voltage dc input. If you added some additional modules to the "B" input it might qualify for the tax credit (I did say might)
Good luck
Jerry

http://www.shop.solarcowboyzoutlet.com/Inverter-Repair-Service-Inverter-Repair-Service.htm

Looks like there is a risk in how big the repair is, but apparently they are willing to talk about the diagnostics before you send it in, and fix minor problems for a flat rate.

One bad part about these small systems is that labor to repair or replace failed units can easily turn into a cost equivalent to years of energy production, not to mention the hardware cost itself... I've only sold a few "tiny" systems over the years, and never really considered this. It makes much more financial sense for an owner to replace a failed 5kW inverter when the labor is basically the same as a 2kW.

Jason Szumlanski