[RE-wrenches] Meggers for1000 volt arrays

Kirk kirk at vtsolar.com
Thu Jul 23 10:34:15 PDT 2015

Howie,
If meggering an array, first of all, check with your panel oem to see what voltage they recommend to safely IRT. In a series string, you are effectively meggering at the meter voltage plus the cumulative series string voltage. If the meter is set to 500v, and you are measuring a string which is 500 vdc open circuit, the last panel in the string is meggered at 1000v, the middle panel 750v, etc.

Kirk Herander
VSE
Sent from a job site somewhere