[RE-wrenches] APT Beaker

Jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:19:21 PDT 2015

Hi all

I believe in the early days of Anada power technologies they were all QOU  with pull out fuse blocks ( class T).

Back then it was 12 or 24v. 48v was really rare.
And there were really big code fights over the QOU listing. Was it 48v actual or nominal?  To John Wiles it was actual, most everyone else nominal. Those " fights" seem comically simple compared to today.

REV 2? 3?, ( maybe when it became APT) they upgraded to the 125vdc breakers for,the DC side and kept the QOU for,the AC side.

I've still got one ( and still in use in my house system) and its set up for the airpax for DC, QOU on the AC side. Oh and it's got 2 x 250 amp main breakers instead of the class T

Jay

Peltz power