[RE-wrenches] Generator brains

Jarmo.Venalainen at schneider-electric.com Jarmo.Venalainen at schneider-electric.com
Thu Jul 16 09:26:57 PDT 2015

Hi:

Having both connected will work the way you want, only if you make sure
the solar charger charging voltage is higher than the Kohler charger
voltage.

When the solar charging source has higher voltage it will trump the lower
Kohler charging voltage an do the charging when the sun is out.  When the
sun is not out, the Kohler will do the job.

However, if the solar charging source is never higher, the solar charger
will not be able to create any charging current as it will always see an
already high battery terminal voltage as maintained by the Kohler.

If there is no charging voltage adjustment on the Solar or Kohler charger,
you could put one, (or more as  required) diodes, in series on the Kohler
charging wire to drop its voltage enough to make sure the solar charger
voltage is slightly higher.

The diodes could be anything as long as they can handle the full charge
current from the Kohler.

JARMO

Jarmo Venalainen  |   Schneider Electric   |  Xantrex Brand  |   CANADA  |
  Sales Application Engineer
Phone: +604-422-2528  |   Tech Support: 800-670-0707  |   Mobile:
+604-505-0291
Email: jarmo.venalainen at schneider-electric.com  |   Site: www.Xantrex.com
|   Address: 3700 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC V5G4M1

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail