[RE-wrenches] [SPAM] Re: Mate Drop and Charge Functions

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Sun Jul 12 18:00:03 PDT 2015

Hey Jay,

Magnum Energy does do firmware updates on their remotes and even does it for free if the customer buys a product that requires it, e.g. ME-BMK or ME-AGS. The remote must be sent in to ME, though.

The very idea that one must spend time with videos to understand how to operate their power system speaks to the reason for this thread. I was selling mostly Outback but had too many customers (far south into Mexico) screwing up the programming.

I switched to Magnum Energy a few years ago and customer use problems basically went away. Using a Magnum Energy system is easy for the customer and as Dan Fink so aptly described, you can walk the customer through changes quickly. Even though we have several hundred Magnum inverters installed, this rarely happens. I will say, however, with the growing list of features, the manual is getting quite long. With the soon release of their new 100 amp charge controller, ME will have a complete solution through one remote.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems