[RE-wrenches] SolaEdge Outback AC Coupling

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:59:48 PDT 2015

Hey Bill...my understanding of the Outback AC coupled solution is that it
does not offer multi stage charging from the grid tied inverter as it does
not have any way to regulate the amount of power coming in  from that
inverter...based on the state of charge of the batteries and at pre set
voltage set points it can operate the remote breaker but it does not have
the ability to taper the amount of in coming power from the grid tied
inverter..   This is why the frequency shift AC coupling such as found with
SMA and others is a nice solution as the amount of incoming power from the
grid tied inverters is regulated allowing for healthy multi stage
charging.
Another thing to consider if using the Outback Ac coupled solution is that
your DC coupling options becomes limited in the same load center....
Cheers
Kirpal