[RE-wrenches] SnapNrack

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Mon Jun 29 09:13:20 PDT 2015

Hi Benn,

The Alpha+ mid clamps are unique, in that they have mini hex head set screws epoxied into place on the top of the mid clamps, with their sharp little points sticking down to bite into the top of the module’s frame. One of these small set screws was sticking out about an 1/8”, not good, all the rest of them are set at less than 1/16” more like a 1/32”. After it shattered the glass we figured out what had happened, and really started to pay attention to this factory glued in grounding point carefully! That is why I’m wondering about the UniRac’s mid clamp bent down points and the degree of tolerance that UniRac bends these to. Hand torqueing is the best bet for sure, although in the case of this mid clamp it never got close to torque spec when the module’s glass shattered.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503