[RE-wrenches] #2 -#8 AWG Crimpers

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:26:43 PDT 2015

Hi Khirpa,
We use a high quality mini hex crimper with rotatable dies for #8-1/0 AWG. It is basically a miniature version of the Hex-Crimp battery lug crimper sold by Quick Cable. The one I have is older and no longer has the manufacturer label, but I believe it was marketed as a Cub Crimper. A quick web search shows that there is still a similar crimper sold under that name. At any rate, I have been very pleased with this crimper, and I'd recommend it.

Best,
-Luke

On Jun 4, 2015, at 12:11 PM, Kirpal Khalsa <solarworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings wrenches. ....we would like to vet a good quality crimper for crimping copper ring terminals to our mid range wire sizes....Any of you have a good quality crimping tool you can recommend. ...wire sizes I am looking to crimp are #2-#8 AWG.....
> Thanks in advance!
> Kirpal Khalsa
> Oregon Solarworks

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> www.members.re-wrenches.org

Luke Christy

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer™: Certification #ST032611-03
CoSEIA Certified PV Installer

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144