[RE-wrenches] Morningstar new battery backup , more comments and opinions

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 05:02:58 PDT 2015

I'm having trouble understanding the application for this product. I have
the tristar 600V CC in my own home.
If I want to have backup and also export to the grid, the Outback radian
does that without the need to change anything over.  WHy would you want to
have the Radian as a backup AND have a grid tied inverter, and have to
change over a manual switch to provide power to the CC? What am I missing?

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane <tom at ecs-solar.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate more opinions and comments on the new Morningstar
> Controller for Grid connected systems .  I developed a simple transfer
> switch back for this type of application back when Grid Connected systems
> were 48 volts . This seems like a great idea for high voltage Grid
> Connected System . Tom
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts