[RE-wrenches] FLA battery setpoints with larger arrays

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:28:22 PDT 2015

I have always wondered about the thermal math on a new-fangled heat-pump
water heater in a utility room. They basically air-condition the room to
heat water, and the hotter the room, the more efficiently they work. They
do use up some watt-hours for the compressor, not a good choice in a small
off-grid system, but with grid-tie / battery backup maybe so and extend
battery life too?
Anyone tried this?

Dan Fink
Buckville Energy
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342