[RE-wrenches] Lightning Strike Fries Array

Gary Bassett Gary at hudsonsolar.com
Fri May 22 09:16:09 PDT 2015

We had the fortunate luck of having lightning strikes a two Schuco ground mount arrays one with Schuco 180's the other one was with Schuco 230's. In both cases there were damaged diodes on a few there was visable damage to the junction box due to heat. For the most part it required testing of all the diodes.

For the Schuco 230's we replaced the diodes from

[cid:image003.png at 01D09489.3AB20500]

Part # information
621-SBR12A45SD1-T
MFG Part No:SBR12A45SD1-T
Diodes Incorporated Schottky Diode
US HTS:8541100080 ECCN:EAR99 COO:CN

Gary

[cid:55B44DB1-8648-4A44-97C2-50FBD3E2B4BD]

Gary Bassett
Engineering Manager
Hudson Solar
13 Hook Road