[RE-wrenches] Lightning Strike Fries Array

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu May 21 17:38:02 PDT 2015

but under a surge like a lightning strike wouldn't the diodes open rather than short?

i always considered the pv's to be the least likely thing to be damaged from lightning and inverters and charge controllers (electronics) to be the most vulnerable. what in a pv would fail? an intercell connecting wire or would it actually damage the cell on a semiconductor level?

todd