[RE-wrenches] Fw: Xantrex C-40 Drifting

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu May 21 12:07:43 PDT 2015

The old 48V SW inverter, designed by the same person (Greg) that designed
the C-40, C-12, C-6 and C-60 only has a 0.4 volt resolution.  Does the
C-series
CC's also have this resolution ?  Maybe that's why you might see a +-0.2
or 0.3 volt
variation ?  Not that big of a deal usually for a 48V battery.

That circuit, like most PWM chargers, regulate the "average" DC battery
voltage so some
peak and valley voltages are going to happen.

boB