[RE-wrenches] Array easily adjustable from 30 to 90 degrees

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:16:02 PDT 2015

Hi Richard,

A relatively new pole mount racking manufacturer called MT Solar has a pole
mount that assembles on the ground and can tip to 90 degrees.  It is an
innovative mount but not yet refined.  It has a hand crank that one person
can adjust the array from the ground.  They can be found here:
http://www.polemount.solar/
It's not a perfect product, but its got a lot of very good characteristics
and it seems like they are improving it every day.  Much quicker lead time
than the other pole mount manufacturers as well.

I would call them and tell them what you are trying to do and see if its a
good fit.

Good Luck

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Jerry Shafer <jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wrenches
> I have used DPW/ DWP? top of pole in snow areas and as i recall they can
> go close to 90 degrees.  Any oole mount should be able to get close to that
> number, you may also consider even extending the prop rod.
> Jerry
> On May 20, 2015 8:11 AM, "Richard L Ratico" <Richard.L.Ratico at valley.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Wrenches,
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a commercially available, ground mount array racking
>> system
>> with an adjustment range of 30 to 90 degrees. Ideally this would be easily
>> accomplished by one person.
>> Here in Vermont, in winter, the 90 degree, vertical orientation can
>> provide
>> satisfactory production while virtually eliminating the need to manually
>> clear
>> snow from the modules. This is particularly helpful in off-grid, seasonal
>> home
>> situations, when no one is available to do the clearing, but expensive
>> batteries
>> still need to be charged. I've contacted DPW already, and am awaiting a
>> return
>> call from their engineers, but so far, it seems they may not be willing
>> or able
>> to provide a solution.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Dick Ratico
>> Solarwind Electric
>> Bradford, VT
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*