[RE-wrenches] Pumping

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Tue May 5 08:35:52 PDT 2015

Hi Mac,

It has been a while since I kept up with pumping applications; however,
the last time I looked, using electronically commutated motors (ECM)
offered significant energy savings over other types. My understand is
that the voltage tolerances must be tightly controlled to allow the ECM
to reach it's design life. Perhaps offerings/ECM technology have
improved today?

Best wishes,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094

On 05-May-15 9:36 AM, Mac Lewis wrote:
> Hello wrenches,
>
> I've got an off-grid pumping application question.  The scenario is
> 400' of head, with needs of about 1400-2500 gallons per day.  We are
> trying to pump from a low pond on the property to a high pond on the
> property, for pressurized water delivery all over the property.   I
> can do a solar direct pump quite easily and serve this need.  However,
> I'm also interested in efficient AC pumping options.
>
> He is currently undergoing an remodel and considering upgrading his
> off-grid equipment and bulking up his system. It may make sense to do
> an efficient AC pump and put the money saved by going with an AC pump,
> into his off grid system upgrade.
>
> What are some pumps worth looking at for this application?
> Does anyone know the efficiency of an SQFlex pump operated in AC
> mode?  I can't find it in the literature.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
>

> Mac Lewis
>
> *