[RE-wrenches] LARGE Underground vault box

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri May 1 06:12:33 PDT 2015

During WW II a method of mixing concrete for the
trenches was developed that works incredibly
well. The only equipment needed is a tarp. It
takes two reasonably strong bodies, but is not an athletic feat.

All you do is dump the bag of dry mix in the
middle of the tarp, the pour in water. The two
people on the tarp mix it by simultaneously
pulling up opposing corners of the tarp. It takes
only a minute or so to mix an 80 pound bag of
ready mix. It is quicker than a mixer, and clean
up is really easy. It can consist of letting the
tarp dry and then shaking it. The tarp is useful
in funneling the concrete into the desired area.

Three of us filled a 5' deep by 3' diameter pole
mount footer in about 90 minutes.

It is too easy. I will never rent a mixer again.

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC
OH License 44810