[RE-wrenches] ITC - updated question on post-2016

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Mar 31 14:44:28 PDT 2015

I guess this just goes to show how confusing this issue is. DSIRE says the
following in the Summary section for the residential ITC:

"The excess credit may be carried forward until 2016, but it is unclear
whether the unused tax credit can be carried forward after then."

http://programs.dsireusa.org/system/program/detail/1235

And I can't really make out what the actual code is trying to say (see
section (2) Carryforward of unused credit):

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title26/pdf/USCODE-2011-title26-s
ubtitleA-chap1-subchapA-partIV-subpartA-sec25D.pdf

Best,

August