[RE-wrenches] Acid containment

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Mar 30 11:13:33 PDT 2015

We have used the underlayment material to line battery boxes.  Turns out
it gets eaten by the acid too, not recommended.  Really the best product
I've ever used is just the heavy plastic sheeting to line the inside of
the box.  I had  batteries crack and leak acid almost 2 inches deep, and
the plastic sheeting held it.
We try to use large plastic tool/ cargo boxes.  The auto parts single
boxes are not a good idea for more than a single battery: exposed cables
and jumpers.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,