[RE-wrenches] Acid containment

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Mon Mar 30 09:03:38 PDT 2015

Fellow Wrenches,

        I just called Tap Plastics hoping they would solve my problem of
battery acid containment within a plywood battery box.  I was surprised by
their response that the acrylic was not impervious to acid and polyethylene
would not work because sealants nor caulking adhere to it properly.  They
did not have anything that would work.

        I've used those individual battery boxes from an auto parts store
(~$12/each) but they take up more space than just the batteries.  Has anyone
ever used ice dam underpayment, like Grace? Better idea?

Thanks for any advice,

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric