[RE-wrenches] Load testing Lithium battery bank

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:30:17 PDT 2015

Larry,

I've been checking out the [current] viability of Li+ technologies for RE systems, and I'm encouraged to hear of the success you've apparently had.
What is the typical kWh size of the battery packs you've been putting together? Are you sourcing the GBS batteries directly from the manufacturer?

I appreciate both your and Jarmo's comments about the safety concerns with this rapidly evolving technology.
Feeling good about the long term safety of a large RE-scale Li-ion battery pack for my customers has been a major stumbling block for me thus far.

Thanks,
-Luke

Luke Christy

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer™: Certification #ST032611-03
CoSEIA Certified PV Installer

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144