[RE-wrenches] Load testing Lithium battery bank

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Mar 17 13:35:10 PDT 2015

Hi James;

So couldn't Larry weld in rigid conduit fittings?  Aren't they NPSM, or
do I have that wrong? I suppose the Zinc plating would make a messier
weld and possibly be poisonous....

Also to Chris Mason, I was not aware that load banks were available for
rent.  That sounds like a good option to consider.  Do you have a
recommendation on who rents those?

3rd response to Jarmo:  do you have any pictures of the Li+ thermal
issues?  Are we talking structure fire potential, or just destruction of
the batteries themselves?
Is this another reason not to use plywood battery boxes?

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician