[RE-wrenches] Chofu Hot Tub Heater

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Wed Mar 4 11:14:59 PST 2015

Gentlemen and Ladies,

If you really want a powerful therapeutic whirlpool in your hot tub, the
best solution I have experienced is a portable vintage Jacuzzi J300-B,
1/3 HP, 115 VAC, 5.6 A, manufactured by Jacuzzi Research, Inc. in
Berkley, CA. 28 pounds. This model was available before GFCIs became
commonly available, so original users were more than a bit of an
adventuresome breed. It is intended for tub use but a snorkel on the air
tube would allow "deep water" placement.

Today, eBay has six units listed, ranging from $100 to $450 plus
shipping including pink and turquoise as well as white, some sellers
quote 1950's vintage. Not exactly the longevity you would get from a
current day Jacuzzi _branded_ product.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xjacuzzi+j300-b.TRS0&_nkw=jacuzzi+j300-b&ghostText=&_sacat=0

Stay warm,

Bill Loesch