[RE-wrenches] NABCEP consultant fee

Kristopher Schmid solman at legacysolar.com
Tue Feb 10 10:01:17 PST 2015

Chris,

I have done this in the past.  WI incentives used to require NABCEP cert.
Looking back, i probably undercharged.  Given that you are putting your
reputation and certification on the line and therefor will need to be
involved in design, planning, and inspection, i think that a percentage of
the installed cost would be a good way to approach it.  I see this service
as very similar to a construction manager who typically receives 5-7% of
project cost.

Just my .02

Kris

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Chris Schaefer <chris at solarandwindfx.com>
wrote:

> Good Day All,
>
>             While I’m unsure how all states handle NABCEP, here in New
> York in order to obtain state incentives you or someone within your company
> must be a NABCEP PV professional. With the growth that our industry is
> experiencing there are more and more non-PV companies jumping into the
> scene. These companies are seeking out NABCEP individuals to add to their
> staffs without actually adding them to the payroll. My question to my
> NABCEP peers is what are you charging per project or how are you getting
> financially reimburse for your time/skills? Per watt, per project? If
> you’re uncomfortable making this public feel free to share your thoughts
> with me off list via my email or give me a call.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Christopher Schaefer
>

>                                 Chris Schaefer’s
>
> [image: SolarWindFX]
>
> *                    Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 <585-229-2083> or Cell
> 585-748-1870 <585-748-1870>  *
>
> *     5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424*
>
> *www.solarandwindfx.com <http://www.solarandwindfx.com> ~ E-mail:
> chris at solarandwindfx.com <chris at solarandwindfx.com>*

> Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said,
> "democracy" will cease to
> exist
> when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who
> would not."

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm