[RE-wrenches] Off Grid Inverter Replacement Questions

Dan Tittmann daniel at greenwired.com
Mon Feb 9 11:14:11 PST 2015

AS someone who works almost exclusively with off grid battery based
inverters for years.  I would recommend staying away from the outback line
of inverters.  We are seeing outback failures in units that are only 2 to 3
years old, once you get through to the Tech Support generally a 30 to 40
min hold time and forget about the "call you back feature" unless you want
a call back in three days.  The board replacements that we get are a total
crap shoot.  I have had replacement boards fail within minutes and many of
them within in months and there is no warranty on the boards.

I would go with Magun Hybrid as it is a 120 V AC unit and has load assist
like the old SW's.  We are always sorry to replace the old SW units but
after 20+ years of service I guess they have put in their work.  Magnum has
provided us with reliable service since we started installing them 6 Years
ago.  I hope they keep their product as reliable with the new owners.

my two cents
Daniel

Daniel Tittmann
CTO