[RE-wrenches] 300W 72 cell micro inverters

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Sun Feb 8 12:58:26 PST 2015

The ABB micros seem to be solid and easy to install. We have two sites with
them with no issues. Unfortunately, the monitoring system sucks compared to
Enphase and was far more difficult to set up. I really wish Enphase would
come up with a good 72 cell option because we find ourselves competing with
300W modules occasionally, and consumers (irrationally) jump to the
conclusion that bigger is better.

[image: Logo-Sq-80.png]

Jason Szumlanski

Principal Solar Designer

Florida Solar Design Group

(239) 491-8010 office

(239) 410-4985 mobile

Authorized Sales Agent for Fafco Solar

[image: Fafco-Solar-Enphase-Logo.png]

License CVC56701

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Bill Hennessy <bill at berkssolar.com> wrote:

> Hi folks--
>
> We're planning a micro inverter install using 300W 72 cell modules for an
> area with a fair amount of shading. The choices we've found are ABB micro
> 0.3 or APS YC500A.
> Any stories to tell about either of these or another suggestion?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Bill Hennessy
> Berks Solar, LLC
> 371 Centennial Rd
> Mertztown, PA 19539
>
> o 610 682 4300
> c 484 560 4666
> NABCEP certified installer
> PA contractor #44411
> www.berkssolar.com

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

*Florida Solar Design Group is not an engineering or architectural firm and
acts only as a consultant and authorized independent sales agent. Any
advice or work product provided shall not be considered licensed
professional services provided under Florida Statute Chapters 471, 481, or
491.*