[RE-wrenches] Whisper Controller Conversion

Windsine Inc. windsine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:33:52 PST 2015

If the stator is now configured for 48v nominal, why not run it through a
conventional packaged 3 phase rectifier directly stalled to the 48v battery
bank through a fuse of course (that's sized to never blow under turbine
current). You can also add a shorting stop switch prior to the rectifier -
not after it. That's if you can't get your controller repaired.

You may lose a little operating efficiency but it works fine.
You could also run it through an mppt controller to get your efficiency
back but you will also have to add the rectifier and stop switch.

RoyR