[RE-wrenches] Schneider 6048 power output fluctuating widely

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Fri Jan 23 12:07:17 PST 2015

We installed a XW 6048 that has wide power output fluctuations over
several seconds. Lights flicker, and the inverter squeals. It happens
multiple times in a minute  The inverter was replaced to no avail.  I
suspect the local utility's poor line maintenance. When the inverter
begins to drop off line, the voltage sags from 123 to 117.  This is
still within normal parameters, so I don't understand why the inverter
would begin to power down.  Here is a youtube video of it if anyone has
ever seen this before. Schneider has assisted us several times, but
cannot find any reason for this happening as a result of their technology.

http://youtu.be/EqMwv44p-lc

http://youtu.be/ADaL-gEbj4w

Thank you, Chris