[RE-wrenches] Fall Protection Equipment

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Mon Jan 19 08:13:17 PST 2015

D rings in places other than in the middle of the back are characterized as positioning attachment points, and in almost all cases are not approved for a connection point to fall protection systems.

Additional ropes and clips are sold for use with the positioning attachment points on many more flexible harnesses, however beware that they are not suitable for the only attachment point to your lifeline and shock absorber.

There are plenty of harnesses out there with these additional points of attachment, but the price seems to skyrocket with each addition.

-Glenn