[RE-wrenches] SIPS panel roofs

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Dec 16 15:45:33 PST 2015

SIP ROOF INSTALLATION

I was asked to install on a SIP panel roof today. 5/8" OSB over 6" of foam
on a 9:12 roof pitch at 9800' elevation with a Pro panel metal roof skin.
There is a finished ceiling underneath the lower side of the SIP roof panel.

I explained that it was not ideal due to the lack of good attachment etc.
They were not concerned and said "you'll make it work!"

I have done SIP panels in new construction and we could install backing from
underneath and refoam.

My first thought was to do 2-2.5 times the normal L feet.

One thought was to use expanding moly-bolts.

Has anyone have experience attaching to SIP roof that was not prepared for
an array?

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc -  NABCEP # 051112-136

E - dana at solarwork.com  - Web - solarwork.com

O - 970.626.5253  C - 208.721.7003

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"