[RE-wrenches] Surrette L-16 batteries

Kevin Pegg KPegg at energyalternatives.ca
Tue Dec 15 13:01:56 PST 2015

We have been using L16's made by East Penn / Deka for many years, 100's of them installed every year, and have yet to have a cell failure attributed to manufacturing. Sure there has been occasional melted terminals or dry battery due to customer neglect.

What I most like about this brand is they have complete control over the entire manufacturing process, from lead smelter forward. Their pricing is stable. The product is excellent quality, availability is very good. Not as popular as other brands as they don't pour a lot of funds into marketing, and why they are not as well known as say, Trojans. We replace many banks of Trojan with East Penn and customers have been happy.

http://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/applications/renewable-energy/

Kevin