[RE-wrenches] Classic 150 100 amp utput breaker tripping?????

Daniel Tittmann daniel at greenwired.com
Mon Oct 26 18:30:22 PDT 2015

Hive mind-
hoping you all can help me solve this mystery issue.

System:
Magnum double panel with Parallel stacked 2x4448 pae inverters.
Classic 150 charge controller wired with an NMEPV 50 (din rail) and
NMEPV100
18 - 245 watt solar modules (6x3). (not over powered)

Issue:
every morning the 100 amp din rail breaker is tripping.  from what I can
gather simultaneously the magnum RTR shows the AGS go into error.  Re set
the breaker and the solar works fine for the rest of the day.

Not 100% sure the AGS has worked (under normal operation) at all other than
at commissioning and recent testing.

Of course on site i cant get it to fail.

Tested the AGS by setting start voltage to 48.2 vdc and put the system
under load....... voltage drops and generator turned on with no pv-> Batt
breaker issue.

last visit, chasing one theory, I re routed the battery + from the mnpv100
directly to the battery  + terminal as opposed to the battery + bus bar in
the inverter panel still didn't solve the problem.

I cant figure out if it the classic causing the issue or if it is the
inverters and the AGS.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Daniel