[RE-wrenches] Combined Inverter Fuse sizing

Allen Frishman amfrish at aeonsolar.com
Sat Oct 24 04:50:38 PDT 2015

Wrencher's,
Quick question regarding sizing the fuse for a combined group of inverters.   If I have six 10KW three phase inverters each with a max AC current of 30A they each require a 3 pole 40 A breaker.   If I then take the combined output of the AC combiner panel I see two possible options for sizing the combined fuse size.

6 inverters x 40A breakers each = 240A so I need to use a 250A fuse
6 Inverters x 30A max output each = 180A x 1.25 = 225A Fuse

Seems like both are acceptable options since all wire will be protected.

All feedback is appreciated.
Al Frishman
AeonSolar

(917) 699-6641 - cell