[RE-wrenches] Recycling broken PV modules

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Thu Aug 27 07:49:46 PDT 2015

Wrenches,
I apologize that this is not quite 'Wrenching".

A recent post by Eric Stikes; "Old or Damaged PV Modules", has sparked
something that i have been sitting on for quite a while now.... seeing that
broken solar modules are properly recycled and do not end up in landfills.

Before going on, I encourage anyone to look further into what Eric is
providing and see if that is the best route for you to go with your damaged
or unwanted modules.

That being said, i am looking for info on recycling PV modules.  I have
seen in some PV mod install manuals to contact the mfgr regarding
recycling/disposing, so i will do that.

I have contacted our city's waste management department and am going to do
a bit of research myself and share with them any info i can come up with.

If any of you know of any such recycling programs that are already set up
or in the process of being set up, or have any useful information regarding
this then please share the contact info or link with me.

Sunny Regards,

*Benn Kilburn *
CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
6706 – 82 Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T6B 0E7
P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com
[image: email] <benn at skyfireenergy.com> [image: facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: twitter]
<https://twitter.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: linkedin]