[RE-wrenches] Trojan Batteries

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Wed Aug 12 15:03:20 PDT 2015

Hello Wrenches,

I have had a number of customers with Trojan L-16s have problems
lately. In some cases, I know that the batteries weren't very well
cared for, but in no case were the batteries totally discharged and
let get cold or sit for a long time. It doesn't seem that the
batteries should have died after a couple of years. I could see
diminished output and a reduced life.

One customer who supposedly knows someone with inside information
claims that Trojan started cutting corners a few years ago to be more
competitive on price.

Has anyone else seen more problems with Trojan Batteries, or heard
that the company is cutting corners?

Thanks,

Drake

Athens Electric LLC