[RE-wrenches] SMA 1800u not generating power

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Fri Jul 24 02:49:27 PDT 2015

I am looking at a 1800u from 2004 that has a green light and in mpp mode,
but Pac is zero. Grid and DC voltage are good.  No other indication of
problems. I saw Pac tick up to 2W a couple of times,  but that's it. It's
just not delivering AC power.

Any thoughts?

Sadly, it doesn't make much financial sense for the owner to replace it
with a current model, as the replacement cost would take almost 10 years to
recover with the small BIPV array connected to it. I'm hoping for a field
repair option.

Jason Szumlanski