[RE-wrenches] Genasun

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Jun 23 17:31:16 PDT 2015

HI All;

Anyone heard of or tried these controllers:
https://genasun.com/products-store/mppt-solar-charge-controllers/golf-cart-solar-charge-boost-controllers/

They seem like a great idea: use a single 60 cell module to charge a 36v
or 48v golfcart battery pack.  The good old 60 cell (39" x 65") is a
good fit for a golf cart roof, without becoming a head banger.
Unfortunately the Genasun seems to be obsolete before even getting any
where; it is limited to 8 amps of input current which is less than 250
watts for a typical 60 cell module.  (I can't even find any modules that
low a power now)  We called the manu, and their support said we could
only push the controller to maybe 8.2 amps.....I've tried other layouts
with 12 v modules, and it either doesn't fit or negates any benefits
from this controller.

As always, thanks in advance for your input.

--
R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc