[RE-wrenches] Fastening to light-guage steel framing

Davis Terrell davis at mckernongroup.com
Wed Jun 10 12:06:39 PDT 2015

Esteemed Wrenches,

We are looking at a roof mounted PV system on a building with light gauge steel roof frame.  Only attachment that looks to be compatible out of the box is the EcoFastenSolar Quickfoot because it uses OMG XHD screws which are intended for such an application.  We have used this before and are comfortable with it, but anyone have any other products they have used successfully?  I know no one here wants to give professional engineering advice (and I would not take it as such) but does anyone have any success stories or things to look out for?  Thanks,

Davis Terrell
Project Manager
Green Earth Energy
davis at mckernongroup.com<mailto:davis at mckernongroup.com>