[RE-wrenches] UL 508 Listing

AE Solar autonomousenergies at gmail.com
Thu May 21 18:55:24 PDT 2015

 Wrenchers,

I am interested in using a 6 Pole DC disconnect for a project with TL
inverters. It’s made by a company called DC SunVolt. The data sheet says
“Suitable as PV disconnect switch in accordance with Article 690 of NFPA
(NEC) UL 508, including the requirements for PV applications. UL 508i by
UL”.

IT IS NOT UL 1741 listed though.

My understanding is that this is OK , because it’s not a combiner…it’s just
a switch (6 conductors in and 6 conductors out). A colleague expressed
concern that an inspector might give me a warm time about it. I’ve reached
out repeatedly to the inspector and not heard back.

Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks

Adam

Adam Katzman