[RE-wrenches] Copper bar current capacity?

Larry larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Apr 29 11:03:41 PDT 2015

Hi Wrenches,

In building lithium battery systems, I have many components that need to
be connected in series from the battery. Sometimes the space is very
limited making it difficult to bend 2/0 cables. I would like to use
copper flat bar and make parts to replace the cables. Does anyone know
how much current I can run through copper bar based on its size? For
example, 1" or 3/4"  wide by .0625" up to .125" thick. The pieces will
only be a few inches long and bolted to solenoids, shunt and terminal posts.

--
Thank you,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems