[RE-wrenches] Off-grid deep well pumps

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Fri Apr 10 08:07:56 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I'm trying to locate archives about deep well pumps with little luck.
Particularly information comparing Grundfos to other viable options (for a
pump at about 200 feet with a static water level of about 70 feet) 120vAC
off-grid VFX3648 system. I am just making a recommendation to my client,
and have seen the Grundfos controller be somewhat susceptible to
lightening surges, which is likely to be an issue in this location.  If
someone could point me to pertinent threads, I'd appreciate it.  Or if
anyone wanted to chime in with their own experience, that would be very
helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™

Catamount Solar, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric & Hot Water Incentive Partner
http://www.CatamountSolar.com
802-272-0004