[RE-wrenches] 48 VDC to 24 VDC Relay

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Thu Mar 26 12:33:50 PDT 2015

Hello fellow wrenches;

We are attempting to control a small 24 VDC motorized damper motor on a
nominal 48 VDC off grid system. The damper is next to an Air Heater divert
load in a wall that is controlled by a MorningStar TS60 to take the top off
the 48 V battery bank at 56.8 volts. We have a 48 VDC Bergey XL.1 on the
system now.

So I really can use some advice on finding a relay that will allow power to
the damper motor, when the TS60 is on. We are powering the damper motor with
a 48V to 24 V DC to DC converter, that is working well, we have an on/off
switch in the circuit, for a manual over ride. Thanks in advance for any and
all help!

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer