[RE-wrenches] UL 1703

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Dec 10 13:25:15 PST 2014

Jay,

We're basically at the mercy of racking and module manufacturers to get
their documentation all lined up for us and very few have actually done
so. To answer your question, I believe the answer is that we do need to
buy listed racking and module combinations. My understanding is that most
standard PV modules are type 1 but I have yet to verify that. SunPower is
type 2. The racking instructions then need to specify what type(s) of
racking system, modules, and roof classifications are compatible (roofing
class A, B, or C).

We have a good deal of stock of racking in our warehouse and I'm crossing
my fingers that we can use it come next year. We also use customized tilt
racking for low slope (flat) roofs and I'm still unclear on how we're
going to deal with that.

Best,

August

Luminalt