[RE-wrenches] Parallel Wire combining

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Tue Dec 2 18:05:24 PST 2014

Isn't Wikipedia wonderful !   That's one internet outfit that I donate
too...

So, what I was confused about in Larry's posting of the wire table was
that they showed
AWG/KCMIL  and all that meant was that some values were in AWG and some
values
were in KCMILs.

  Wire gauge to diameter and cross sectional area and the reverse
operation are very handy little programs I have kept in my HP calculator
for many years...   Uses some of those formulas of course shown in your
Wikipedia paste.

I had heard there was a special "electricians" calculator years ago...
Does that have all these conversion in it too ?

boB